Friday, May 7, 2010

Preparation

I need some help!! I've been thinking of all I need to do to get ready for Africa. I spoke with the travel clinic this morning, and got a better idea of all of the shots and antibiotics that I need to get/take. That's kind of out of the way meaning I now know exactly what I need, but now I just need to get over my fear of shots and schedule my appointment to get them all done. I think it's going to be better for my mental well being to just get them all done at the same time, so I don't have to think about going back a second or third time. Although with the Hepatitis A & B, it's a series of 3 different shots over a period of time, so I will have to go back a couple of times. Ok, so you might think, seriously Whitney, stop being such a big baby, it's only a few shots. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! When I was in first grade I had to have my tonsils taken out. So, before the surgery I had to have my blood drawn. I don't remember alot of my early years, but I do remember this, and it was nearly WW3 with those nurses trying to get blood out of me. They were literally sitting on top of my trying to get that needle in my arm. I remember lots of screaming and crying, seriously, I thought I was going to die. Anyway, I'm not looking forward to this whole shot thing, but I know it's seriously not even an issue if it means that I get to go to Africa. I'll take 20 shots if it means I get to go.
Please stay tuned. They told me that I didn't have to come in until 2 weeks before we leave, but I would really like to get it out of the way in the next week or so. I promise to give a full report, and hopefully there's no episode this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment